What to Expect
Commitment to patient satisfaction
We realize that patients have many choices for where they receive their healthcare. REMA and UNC/Rex strive to be the best choice for every patient. Our providers are emergency medicine specialty trained. We have a commitment to provide excellent patient care and utilize a patient satisfaction program to track and report each provider’s patient satisfaction score. These scores and trends are followed within the group as well as reported at the hospital level.
Commitment to efficiency
- UNC/Rex and REMA are working together to make each ED visit as smooth and efficient as it can be. Our physician-led throughput committee has instituted a PROVIDER IN TRIAGE process to do a rapid, provider assessment and get each patient appropriately treated as soon as possible. With this process, we have seen a tremendous reduction in patient waiting times and an increase in patient satisfaction.
- The ED has created a respiratory control area within the emergency department to prioritize and aggressively treat those patients with potentially infectious respiratory illnesses, such as COVID-19. This is a negative pressure area where our specialty-trained providers can expertly evaluate and treat these patients while minimizing the risk of contamination and spread of disease.
- UNC/Rex has also established a Special Respiratory Isolation Unit within the hospital for admitted patients with diagnosed or suspected COVID-19 where we can provide all the specialty and intensive care needed.
- We have a dedicated area of our emergency department to quickly evaluate and treat lower-acuity illness and injuries to get you back to your day as soon a possible.
- We have in-department X-ray, ultrasound, and CT scanning capabilities for rapid diagnosis.
- We offer a Pharmacy Concierge Prescription Service for Rex Hospital ED patients. This allows patients who are being discharged from the ED to have their new prescriptions collected by pharmacy staff, filled and brought back to them at the bedside, and includes counseling by pharmacy staff on these new medicines.
- We utilize scribe services to allow us to focus on what matters most: our patients.
It is important to understand that you may receive several bills from your Emergency Department visit. You will receive a bill from Rex Healthcare and Raleigh Emergency Medicine Associates (REMA). REMA’s bill is for the physician services provided during your Emergency Department visit and Rex Healthcare’s bill is for the hospital services. In addition, you may receive a bill from Wake Radiology if you had any x-rays or radiology studies performed during your visit and from the Pathology Physicians for various blood and/or body fluid tests. We understand that it may be somewhat confusing and overwhelming to receive so many various charges and will attempt to assist you in any way we can in understanding your bill.
- Bill From Contact
- Raleigh Emergency Medicine Associates/Medical Consultants Inc. Dates of Service from 12/1/2020
- UNC Rex Healthcare 1-866-704-5286
- Raleigh Emergency Medicine Associates
Dates of Service prior to 12/1/2020
If you would like to obtain copies of your medical records, contact the Medical Records Department at Rex Healthcare by calling (919) 784-3158.
If you wish to submit a payment directly, please submit the payment to the following address:
Insurers with whom REMA participates
- Wellcare Medicare Product
- NC Medicaid
- State Health Plan
- United Healthcare
- Cigna Healthcare
- Healthcare Savings
- Principal Healthcare
- Prudential HMO
- Prudential POS/PPO
- Patients Choice
- Primary Physician Care