Raleigh Emergency Medicine Associates (REMA) is a group of compassionate, dedicated emergency medicine specialists who have had the privilege of caring for the ill and injured patients of central North Carolina for over 30 years.
Our team of board certified physicians and skilled advanced practice providers will apply our extensive training and experience to provide truly exceptional care while maintaining and respecting the dignity and autonomy of each patient.
We are proud of our long term partnership with UNC/Rex Healthcare. Together, we are committed to providing world-class medical care and a first-class emergency department experience for our patients and their families.
- Provide only the highest level of compassionate, patient-oriented, emergency medical care to anyone in need, at any time, day or night
- Recruit and hire only exemplary emergency medicine providers
- Treat patients and their families with respect, dignity, and compassion
- Serve as leaders and role models within the Emergency department as well as the UNC Healthcare System
- Work with administration and staff to create the optimal environment for prompt, safe, and efficient emergency care
- Advocate for emergency services and our patients within the healthcare community
- Employ providers from diverse cultural, geographic, and social backgrounds
- Unobstructed access to emergency services should be available to all who perceive the need for these services.
- There is a body of knowledge unique to emergency medicine that requires continuing refinement and development.
- Emergency physicians have the responsibility to play a lead role in the definition, management, evaluation, and improvement of quality emergency care.
- The best interests of patients are served when physicians practice in a fair, equitable and supportive environment.
Community Involvement and Commitment to Care
- Participate in Value-Based Care as members of the UNC Health Alliance - Learn more
- Manage REX critical care transport and Involvement with Wake County EMS
- Involved with NC State Athletics
- Provide on-ice emergency care for NHL Carolina Hurricanes hockey team
State of the Specialty Procedural Care
- Procedural Sedation
- Ultrasound-guided Vascular Access
- Advanced Airway management
- Access to 24/7 Cardiac Catheterization
- Neuro Interventional Care
- ECMO Capabilities